Thursday, June 7, 2012

Telemarketing Worth Annoying

Everyone I know hates getting a phone call from a telemarketer. I have always wondered if this was effective because the percentage of people who actually buy this stuff must be tiny. Information I looked up had various dependent statistics, to me effectiveness seemed like it could be around 10% on a wide average. I was really surprised because I've never met anyone that said they gave one of these phone calls consideration.

To me this kind of marketing is infringing on privacy. Is it worth making nine people mad to sell to one? I don't know my question is from an economic standpoint is the cost worth the benefit? Apparently it is or else no one would do telemarketing. If I get  call from a telemarketer I wont ever use that business ever because of that phone call. This method is intriguing because it is a way to do personal selling efficiently but you also make people really mad. How is it worth it?

Here is some statistic information I found
http://www.accucoms.com/sites/default/files/reports/Survey-2010_0.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment